Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let's talk reality!

Where do I stand on issues?

There are many many issues that City Hall has to deal with... the reality is that all issues matter to me, from wasteful spending to the youth that work parks and recs in the summer. From large money syphons like Housing, Garbage and TTC, to small matters such as arts funding and parking authority.

I have been berated many times by the fact that I did not attend the TTC meeting here in the ward in Leslieville. I understand why many are concerned about this matter, TTC is a huge problem for the City because for so many years it has been poorly managed by the Chair Adam Giambrone, who wasn't equipped to take care of such a large entity on his own.

But if you have been watching the news or listen to the radio recently you will see that the Harmonizing by-law meeting I attended was far more important then any TTC meeting that will continue to happen. A small board of people with the help of councilors such as Paula Fletcher discussing what and how you can use your OWN properties! I don't think people understand the scope of these zoning by-laws until they come into full effect. Cars that might be able to fit in a car pad not being permitted to if Parking Authority thinks the space should only be for 1 car. That if you own a place of business and the building it resides on, want to renovate it or make any changes to it, you are responsible of making sure it becomes a 3 story minimum building to increase livable and working spaces in Toronto. But what these are telling people, is that your right to own comes with limitations, rules on the style and look, use and appearance is under the watch of City Hall and they can warrant to tell you what to do with it as they wish.

Everyday from today forward expect a post on matters that affect us all in Ward 30 as well as a City as a whole. Please leave a message if there is a certain topic you would like me to touch on.... I would like to get to know all your concerns within the next 18 days! Want you all to understand the reason why I ran, why I think I am your best candidate and why you need to Vote Angie Tingas on October 25th, 2010.

Cheers!
Angie Tingas

No comments:

Post a Comment