Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reading minutes...

Today, I spent the day reading minutes recorded for the meeting that deal with Community Council decisions. Not the most entertaining part of the job, but far more interesting as to where they might prohibit you from making a right turn on a red or if you own property what kind of amendments you are allowed to impose on someone putting up a poster/billboard on their property.

Reading material aside, I was trying to read up on information that might be of use to me when this week's meeting about draining a school pool in the neighbourhood comes up. I haven't heard or scene anything more ridiculous than a city and it's school board wanting to close all the pools in the city.

I have had a gamut of ideas of what the pools could be used for, why they should be kept open and how Obesity being one of the biggest epidemics in children's health taking away a physical activity is absurd.

I will post more about this on Friday, the meeting is on Thursday and I will attend with notes and things I propose to read off to the school and it's trustees. Time is now, to take back our city from ridiculousness and redirect our community and our city folk into a prosperous and useful society.

No comments:

Post a Comment