Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Being Independent!


I had discussed on many occasions with friends of mine about finally going into city council and in all our conversation being affiliated to a party was never something that was talked about.


After researching fellow city councilor members that sit in city council currently I was shocked and appalled by the numbers of councilors that are backed or affiliated to a political party. In my opinion a good 90% are so.


After a ton of thought and a fact that while my views can sometimes be labeled, I cannot be! I live in the most party affiliated ward in Toronto. You read correctly, my ward is a political platform... a stepping stone to a political career where the majority of city councilors use it to make gains on their personal careers.


Because of such my ward falls in the fold... I believe the many councilors who have graced us, one being the in/famous Jack Layton who went on to run for the NDP party federally, and is now the leader of that party. I don't have any political opinion at this point, but I think city councilors should breath and sleep care about their neighbourhood, should be more concerned about the people who live in their neighbourhood. They just be independent of political party agenda and should be fighting the council for things that affect the ward not the party that pays for their running purposes.


This is my stance on Independence... this is my reason for staying that way in this political running campaign I am about to put myself through. I am independent of thought, my actions are independent... every vote and decision I plan to make as your newly voted city councilor member will be in the best interest of a neighbourhood I am ridiculously proud to call my own. I know nothing more and truly don't have interest in doing so, I am proud of my ward 30 and proud to be running independently in the upcoming city election. Hope you'll join my independent movement and change the game of the political parties who just see our ward as a stepping stone and not a community with needs and great people.


Join the movement... I am always looking for volunteers in the community or anyone with any political running information. Please feel free to email me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment