Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My name...


I watch a lot of TV, I am a mother who has 2 beautiful daughters who are my main concern daily and because of such I understand a great deal of caring about their safety.


Everyday I hear about how unsafe the Internet is, how everyone can be found and how dangerous this world is we live in. I try and keep my personal matters (address, locations, pictures and personal information) from making it to my blogs and try and not post images of my family on any free sites that aren't protected so that people other than my friend and family can see.


But how does one do this while running for a political seat? How do I keep myself anonymous while I am trying to get my name out there, it almost is redundant!!!


How do I do this, how do I get this childhood dream that never let up, to plough ahead and get a political seat I feel very strongly about while no longer being the no named girl next door? I believe I battled with this demon in high school, I fought the shyness, the ambiguity, the non-existence that I had as a child. I made sure you knew who I was, you knew I was coming and well you never forgot I was there.


But I am no longer that teenager walking through the hall of her high school of 2 thousand kids, I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a cousin. I don't want to bring anyone else into this fold of me running for politics, I don't want to endanger or make anyone uncomfortable.


Thankfully my husband is very excited and supportive about my decision, my daughter's don't solely have my name and my family small enough to bare with me. Sometimes too small and easily found... but I put my name out there. I do it, because it has to be done... I am nervous and well learning to thicken my skin in the process. I have had to introduce myself at meetings, I am letting them know I am coming... so I guess city of Toronto, I am Angie Tingas, and I am running for city council for Ward 30!


No comments:

Post a Comment