Monday, August 16, 2010

You just do!

I am an average, no a regular, woman! I sometimes can self doubt my decision, I can second guess my actions, I can even self talk myself out of something I want more than anything.

And then I persevere, I find it inside of myself to forgo all those doubts and remember that I am a strong outspoken and brilliantly eloquent young woman who has 2 children, who is married and who feels very strongly about the current situation that is our city government.

And so, with clarity and decision... I could not bear to allow myself to let it slide by my finger tips without being the CHANGE that I expect of my city without expecting of myself. And on that note, on Friday, the 13th of August, 2010 I pledged my candidacy to run for city council for the Ward 30 (my home ward). In what was an overly exciting experience of me signing my name on the dotted line... answering questions from an official election commissioner. Best part for me, was that I was signed in by a female. It felt very fitting almost.

So follow along... 11 weeks of campaigning. I am looking forward to meeting with everyone from my ward, here what it is that people are concerned about in the city as a whole and growing programs for the children of our city, the youth, the elderly and the health conscious.

It is time for CHANGE even here in Toronto, remember to vote on October 25, 2010 for Angie Tingas and if you can't share the link and pass me along to those in the voting district.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie!
    Love the commentary, and we need more community activists in Ward 30!
    You're not going to BELIEVE how much campaigning has to be done; to win, a candidate HAS TO knock on EVERY door in the ward...something that has had me missing my kids for the past month.
    Literally, visiting every business in the Ward during EVERY day (starting at 9:30am), then back home for a quick dinner from 5pm to 6:30, then it's out to knock on the doors of Ward 30 residents.
    That's what it takes - that's what we've been doing, mentored by Ward 29's Jane Pitfield (a FANTASTIC woman, nearly Mayor last time around!)
    I'd love to sit down with you for a cup of whatever - heck, it would be nice just to sit still for half an hour or so - and sound each other out on Ward 30's issues - as well as all of Toronto's!
    Congratulations on having the courage to run - no question that we need change here!
    I've posted a link to your blog on the "more" page of my website; people need to know about all the options open to Ward 30.
    Drop me an e-mail - mark@markdewdney - and I'll drop by, meet you @ favourite coffee shop, heck, we can canvass TOGETHER if you want - that'd be unique!!!
    Good luck - er, "hard work". :) Talk soon!

    Mark Dewdney
    http://www.markdewdney.com
    (416) 467-0943

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie – congrats on your decision to run and bravo to you for summoning up the courage to do so! I look forward to following this journey as you campaign!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete