Friday, August 27, 2010

Intruiging Question!

Today I was asked by a lovely constituent in my ward about my ideas and policies... but then he asked me a question that brought me some great pause!

Q: It's great what you want to do, but how do you plan on actually passing some of your suggested ideas?

Well I answered to my best ability while standing in front of the lovely Mike who also came over to borrow our ladder it hasn't stopped the wheels turning inside my head about what I think is the proper way to answer this question.

I cannot make changes on my own at City Hall when I become elected, but I can sure try. Nothing gets passed without votes, nothings gets done without some kind of majority. But I will not vote on items that are not good for our citizens of Toronto, especially those who live in my ward. I am not part of a Political party and I won't be voting to pass a political agenda... I plan to vote on things that are fair. Fair for the people.

We all need to take responsibilities for the outcome of what has happened to our city, what we have allowed or not allowed to happen in city hall. We aren't vocal enough in our own lives to complain to our councilors, our mayor or just in general our neighbours about what concerns us as a city. I may not always know what is best for the voters, but I am sure willing to LISTEN, because we need someone who listens to what we NEED.

So when I bring forth changes I think are needed in our city, maybe I won't have a lot of clout and political power behind me but I sure will have the interest of the citizens of Toronto, the best interest in a FAIR Toronto. So you will know that with every single vote I will take, it will be something I will think about, I will question myself and others around me in the fairness of not letting the buck pass on important issues and making sure my opinions, the opinions of my constituents are being heard LOUD and CLEAR!

3 comments:

  1. Hi - As you are running for ward 30, I'd like to ask a couple questions via email.

    Please contact me at interact@leslievillepost.com

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to disagree with you. You state: "But I will not vote on items that are not good for our citizens of Toronto, especially those who live in my ward. I am not part of a Political party and I won't be voting to pass a political agenda... I plan to vote on things that are fair. Fair for the people."
    I would really like a councellor who gets informed on every vote that is coming up, and votes (either for or against). If you're not voting, you're not representing us at City Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Pat, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but by my personal definition of not voting for something I mean the word YAY will not be coming out my mouth for anything that isn't the best for our constituents. I live in Ward 30 and have for all my life and if I don't think we are getting a fair deal, no political agenda will sway me.

    ReplyDelete